Friday, April 9, 2010

This week...

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat and headache from hell... good thing I had the day off already, cuz I would have taken a sick day.  Better than Tylenol though, was when I got Kylie up and laid her on the changing table, she pointed at me and said, "Hi Mama".  It was great.  Melted my heart.  She's been "Da-da"-ing all over the place, and finally I got a true ma-ma.  I'm in love.

Of course now she says hi and waves to everyone.  But, I'm glad she's not a real shy kid, cuz both her parents are pretty social people - it just might be a little awkward if she were shy.

So, here's the latest thing: I've been needing to give Kylie a bath every night lately, because she's become facinated with putting her hands in her hair when she eats - especially if its yogurt or bananna. This is from this morning's breakfast so you get an idea:


Since its Friday, our neighbor Johanna, her daughter Charlotte, Kylie & I took our weekly field trip to the downtown library for their Mother Goose on the Loose story time. Kylie is really becoming familiar with the whole routine - its really cool to see her face light up or see her start clapping if she recognizes a song or rhyme.  I was a little worried today though how she would be, since she has shifted her morning nap back to 10:30-ish, the same time story time starts.  She was a little sluggish at first, but about 15mins in she got her second wind, and was smiling, and clicking her sticks together like a pro.  Today Kelly (the designated Mother Goose on Fridays) handed out colored scarves to play with - Kylie really got a kick out of that.  And as soon as we were back in the car - she was out for the count... and still sleeping - which is why I even have the opportunity to post this :) Ha, ha... I just realized that the angle of this picture makes her new shoes look HUGE...

That's all for now, I'm gonna throw some laundry in and get some "momma" stuff done while I still have the chance.  

p.s. I forgot to mention - Kylie has been sleeping through the night ALL WEEK LONG :)  Hooray for sleeping babies !! (TK - I know  you will second that!)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely second that!!!! Wahooo!!!!

    I LOVE the pic of her with Cheerios stuck to the side of her head!!!! So freakin cute!!!

    And guess what else? I haven't posted it to my blog yet, but I quit my job!!!!! Wahooo!! So maybe I can join you next Friday :)

    Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete