Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Monday...

... two days late - oh well.  What a great weekend - I was really sorry to see it end :( Only thing that would have made it better would have been if I wasn't sick.  This is day 7 of the spring cold... and day 5 of full-blown laryngitis. Good news is I don't have to answer the phones at work - so I've been getting a lot done!!

Weekend started with a birthday party for our favorite 2 year old.  Little Miss Mary Jane had a BBQ in her backyard with all her friends - good food - and fun times... Kylie and MJ shared a swing ride - we all talked and ate and played.  It was fun to see so many kids & babies in one place - and nobody had any meltdowns, or catastrophies - which is often likely to happen when there is sugar and party hats involved.   MJ's party favors for her guests were hula hoops.  I tried it out for Kylie when we got home that night - must be that I need more practice - but Kylie found it absolutely hysterical :)


Sunday, Kylie & I ran some errands - and when we got home, Daddy installed the swing on the front porch for us ~ yay!  Its great that it faces the street and she can still see the people that walk by, and you know she says, "Hi-yee" and waves to every one of them ...


Here's one I've been dying to post.  Of course, this all happened by accident because Mommy was on the phone and not paying close attention to what Kylie was doing - but we had a great time still : 



This girl is WAY smarter than we give her credit for - I KNOW now that she understands more than we think she does. A couple things we've noticed over the last week:

  • when you give her the baby comb or brush and ask her to "brush her hair", she moves the brush right up to her head and starts "brushing" - adorable!

  • when I sing, "How much is that doggie/kitty in the window?", she responds with a "woo, woo" for doggie, and and "oww, oww" for kitty.  She hears the dogs in the neighborhood barking and will bark back with "woo, woo" too - so freaking cute.
Here's a cute video for some proof - I took this with my cell phone last night after her bath (you can hear me struggling to talk - just ignore me, lol, also the quality isn't that great b/c of cell phone, but you still get the idea):




1 comment:

  1. hahah!!! I LOVE the pic of her playing the dirt!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete