Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Schmoosday ...

Ok, so here's what we've been up to the last few days:

Last Friday we looked after our neighbor Johanna's little one for the day.  Charlotte is about 9 weeks old.  she was born just in time for the major blizzard that we had back in February - good timing Charlotte.  She is a cutie - I already forgot how little they are, and how much they still can't do, but how much they still need.  She was very cooperative though - and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed our walk to the park that afternoon.  I actually am quite proud of myself that I managed to transport both babies there without the convenience of a double stroller.  I loaded Kylie in the backpack carrier, and Charlotte reclined in the stroller.  Our friends and neighbors, Terri and Hannah came along too.  It was Hannah's first time playing at the park - and the girls had a blast.  Terri documented the day including some great photos on her blog, (click here for a link to her blog, and more of Terri's beautiful pictures!)

Saturday was all about house cleaning and laundry - blecch.  Kylie helped by taking a looonnnng afternoon nap - *sigh*  Not, overly exciting to say the least, well, except for this moment... and I think it speaks for itself ...
Sunday was for running errands.  Daddy went for a well-deserved bike ride with one of his buddies, so Kylie and I got up early and decided today was the day we would finally make it back to JC Penny to pick up the portraits we had taken ... back in February! 


Of course, we got there an hour before the mall even opened.  So, we decided to kill an hour at the local Starbucks.  It had been so long that I'd even been to a Starbucks, I had no idea what to order - thankfully, there was no one in line behind us - so there was no pressure deciding.  I ended up with a soy chai latte, a side of soymilk for Kylie to try (she was indifferent about it), and a slice of pumpkin bread for us to share.  We each got a stool at the counter looking out the window and enjoyed our morning snack together.

When we finished, we went over to Michaels, (I can never resist a craft store), we strolled around the store, without an agenda - which can be pretty dangerous to the pocketbook in a place like that.  But, we were responsible, we had fun looking, and managed to escape with only $5 damage - Kylie got a toy boat for the bath, a cute little watering can to help Daddy with the flowers, AND some wooden alphabet blocks.  Not bad.

2 comments:

  1. All that for $5??? I've gotta go to Michael's more often....I love craft stores too, but just don't make it up that way often. We'll have to have craft days when the girls are older!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... definately !!! I didn't finish writing about the shopping trip, but we went to JoAnn's too... I've decided I need to pick up some of my old hobbies since the only one I've had the last year is Kylie... I got a pattern for some summer clothes - don't know if I'll save any $$, but it'll be fun to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete