Wednesday, April 21, 2010

bored ...

I'm posting right now totally and completely out of boredom - this is brutal.  longest day ever. ugh.

To kill time, I've been reading other people's blogs - i was inspired by one, which I'm now starting to follow.  The writer has a very positive, spiritual message and definately relates to new moms, motherhood and relationships in general.  In one of her posts in particular, she refers to her daughter as "her very own little Buddha".  Which could not be closer to the truth for me - Kylie is barely talking and already, I am so inspired by her innocence and authenticity.  Its the simple things in life that give her joy - we could all use a lesson like that.

As I think of it, here are some of Kylie's "joys", (and ours too) :)
  • Our kitty, Mr. Blu.  She calls for him from the moment she wakes up, "Owww" (her version of meow)
  • cheerios, (or Joe's O's)
  • the first time she sees mommy or daddy in the morning
  • swinging
  • her books
  • being silly with daddy
  • singing songs with mommy after bathtime, while we lotion her up and put pj's on
  • waving her fingers and saying "hi" when her hand pops through her sleeve
  • maggie the puppy (x2 - we bought a back-up, 'just in case')
  • bedtime snuggle bear (need to get a back-up of this guy)
  • babies

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! I like that blog!! I think I'll have to add it to my growing list of blogs I follow....

    And love the pic of Kylie playing with the kitty!!!

    ReplyDelete